Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Rochester PPD

Rochester Pagan Pride Day was this weekend! And it was made out of awesome and rainbows. I tried my hand at being a vendor this year. It’s been in the back of my head for years – I like woodburning, and making things, and the things I make don’t really look like most of the other widgets currently on the craft market. I really want to do it again. I met a whole ton of other people, vendors and guests alike, and I got to talk to people all day. I also broke even, and considering I’ve barely got my shit together, in the display and inventory-side of things, that’s a fairly good sign. I named my stall Pennywoods on the fly when I filled out the form, and as you can see, I liked the name enough that I changed my blog too. :) I may set up an etsy at some point, or some other website, since it was requested a few times, but it may take a bit. The second-to-best part of doing this was finding out what most people are actually looking for in the wand-and-rune-set market, and I need to adjust and experiment on some of my designs. The best part? I’m setting up a coffee moot! There’s a few organized pagan churches in Rochester, and Psychic’s Thyme runs classes, but the only social moot is in Henrietta and it’s on a Thursday once a month. A lot of people can’t make it, and there’s no other organized thingy for just getting together and chatting. I find it frustrating. So I set up a Facebook event, printed out some business-type cards, and passed them out all day. There was a lot of interest! So, if you’re in the Rochester area, look it up – Rochester Pagan Coffee Moot (creative, huh?) – and if you’re not, wish me luck! Blessed Be! Pennanti

No comments:

Post a Comment