Monday, August 9, 2010

New Moon Ritual Cleansing

I've been angry lately. Like, simmering under the surface frustration and anger. My computer hasn't worked right in months, I hate my mother's new boyfriend, and I read WAY too much news. There's always something to rant about. (Today's Topic Of Choice: Google and Verizon SUCK)

Then something struck me. I haven't done a ritual in ages - ever since we moved to the new apartment a year and half ago, except for Beltane. And I haven't done a cleansing ritual since I had a broken heart, oh, four 1/2 years ago. Might be time, eh? And the new moon is the perfect time to burn away anger in incense and ash.

So, one purification bath, meditation, and prayer ritual later, I'm feeling much better. I think I should take some sea salt and bowl to work with me, though.

Blessed Be,
Pennanti

Pennanti's Kitchen Bath Salts:

2 cups Epsom Salts
1/2 Cup Boiling Water
1/4 Cup Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Sage
1 Tablespoon Basil

Pour boiling water over herbs, let sit for a few minutes. Mix in olive oil and epsom salt, pour into bath water. Soak. If being crunchy with herbs bothers you, take a shower right after and scrub off with baking soda. Relax!

No comments:

Post a Comment