Thursday, September 23, 2010

Happy Belated Mabon!

The autumnal equinox has been a little hare-brained for me this year. Most Official Celebrating is likely to happen this weekend, for one thing. Eh, my entire family has always had a loose definition of things like holidays and dates. Comes with the divorced thing - Christmas happens on the 25th...and on the 28th....and maybe on the 1st, once you throw grandparents into the mix.

Yesterday, I took my sister out to dinner, because she's leaving for a job in Florida today. I did toast, and quietly gave her the cliff notes of Mabon and King Arthur. I told her that Mabon (at least for me) is a holiday of growth through sacrifice - you eat, and celebrate, but you also quietly put away things for winter coming and prepare for the cold. I fairly seamlessly slid that into what she's doing right now - she's very family oriented, but she's moving away from everyone to jumpstart her career. I understand! I just thought the timing was fortuitous.

Naturally, she took offense. Oh well. For those who don't know my sister, she dabbled in paganism when she was younger, and mostly doesn't know what she believes now. She's just as likely in times of stress to hit up a church with a friend OR take out her favorite quartz stones, light a candle, and say a prayer to Brigid for guidance. So I'm not exactly coming out of left field with myth tellings or anything.

I do solemnly swear, though, that sometime this weekend I'm going to take pictures of our fall decorations, our feast, and probably our altar, and put them up! It's time I figured out how to upload pictures into Blogger anyway.

Let the autumn tiding commence - Samhain is my favorite (right near my birthday) and I'm already starting to get excited.

Blessed Be,

Pennanti

P.S. Taun-Taun, I'm going to need your help, hubby. Remind me to get my camera uploaded!

No comments:

Post a Comment